Call for Volunteers – IT Support
Citizens Advice Oxfordshire South And Vale
Would you like to volunteer for a local charity that makes a real difference to local people’s lives?
Do you have up to 7 hours a week free to volunteer?
We are looking for IT help in all of our sites:
Abingdon, Didcot, Henley, Thame
Purpose of the role
- To act as first point of contact for staff and volunteers with regard to IT technical support for Oxfordshire South and Vale Citizens Advice.
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Testing new hardware and software before full-scale installation
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Attending team meetings and any other additional training as required.
Personal skills and qualities needed:
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Citizens Advice
- Experience in networking configuration, diagnostics and maintenance
- In-depth knowledge of Windows operating system and Google suite
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Practical experience with internet and network security protocols
Please email our recruitment team:
State which location you would like to volunteer in, and include your contact details.