Advice to residents following multiple burglaries in Shrivenham area
We would like to remind residents to remain vigilant and consider keeping any valuables out of sight or in a safe. Additionally, CCTV acts as a major deterrent and greatly increases our chances of catching the offenders so please consider installing it.
You can reduce the risk of becoming a victim of burglary by taking a few simple security measures to make your property less attractive during the autumn and winter months:
- When going out, remember to light up your home using timer switches or a TV simulator.
- Don’t leave valuables or cash on display and store your house and car keys away from your letterbox.
- Move bins away from any side gates to prevent easy access into your property.
- Lock any tools away to prevent them being used to break into your home.
- Consider fitting a motion activated external light and installing a CCTV system.
- Finally, mark your valuables using a UV pen and register them on the national property register at www.immobilise.com.
- Speak to your neighbours, look out for each other’s homes and think about setting up Neighbourhood Watch schemes.
- Remain vigilant and report all suspicious people or vehicles by calling 101 or reporting it online at www.thamesvalley.police.uk